Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our decision

We knew before were were married that we were going to adopt. It was just a matter of when! After almost four years of being married we have decided it is time. We started looking at different agencies and lawyers. Not knowing really waht we were looking for, we just waited until we found the "right one." We got a lot of advice from a lot of people about where to go. We decided to fill out some papers with Bethany Christian Services. When we were done filling them out we needed to schedule an appointment with the social worker. We made the appointment for April 13, 2009. I was so happy when we left. The meeting really made me understand the whole adoption process so much more. Sarah, the social worker, told us to go home, think, and pray about what we wanted to do next. We talked about it a lot the next two days. We decided to go with Bethany, and request our formal packet of information. I called to let Sarah know this on April 15, 2009. She told me we would receive the packet within the next few days. I was so excited when I got off the phone. I wanted to scream, but seeing how I was at work, I couldn't really do that. I emailed some friends and family just letting them know what we had decided to do. It wasn't long before my mailbox was overflowing with replies. They were excited to hear the news. They said they would keep us in their prayers. Carrie, my sister, sent me a text saying she was going to be an aunt! She told me she was working on her name, because she didn't like aunt Carrie. I told her she could be aunt Carebear, and she said NO!!! Then, she came up with Tia Carrie, that is Spanish. She said Aunt Carrie Anne was too long and rhymey. Then she got silly, and said Carrie Aunt. I told her that I am sure she will be happy with whatever the baby calls her! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment