Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Conversation

This has been years ago. I think it was in the summer of 2003.
I was talking with my Mom, and she ask me if I told him yet. I said no, and she told me that I needed too. Finally I said, ok today is the day. I had a doctor's appointment in Little Rock, and Jason was going with me. Well, we had made it to Little Rock and I hadn't told him yet. So, we ate and did some other stuff while we were there. We started to head home. I got quiet and he ask if I was ok, I told him I was and that I had some stuff on my mind. He said what is it, and I just told him something, but not what I needed to tell him. I finally got up the nerve to tell him. I ask him if heard me tell the nurse all my medications. He said yes, and I said I guess you heard that I am on birthcontrol. I told him, I am not going around sleeping with other men, but I have to have that to regulate my hormones. I said, due to my past medical history, I am not able to have kids. By this point I am crying. I didn't know what he was going to say or what he was going to do. I just looked out the window, not wanting to look at him. It seemed liked forever before he said anything. When he did, it was nothing that I expected. He said, that does not matter to me that you cannot have kids. I love you for who you are. I fully belief in the adoption process, because I am adopted. I looked at him and I couldn't believe my ears. I was crying even more at this point. He said, we are gonna have to pull over so I can hug you. So, we pulled of in London, AR. We hugged for I don't know how long,but I was glad to have that conversation with him. It was like from then on we were meant to be together!

1 comment:

  1. And the Lord couldn't have picked any better parents for Jason. I do believe it was a perfect match! His grandparents were very special people to Terry and our family too. Give the Lord time and He will find a very special person for you both. What a blessing when the Lord shares his chosen little ones with you.

    ReplyDelete